Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Runaway HIT-Man...

A gun-for-hire known only as Agent 47 (Olyphant) is ensnared in a political conspiracy, which finds him pursued by both Interpol and the Russian military as he treks across Eastern Europe. hired by a group known as "The Agency" to kill targets for cash.

I had no idea what this movie was about before going to see the advance screening last Monday. I was given the premiere tickets for this movie last Wednesday by a co-worker of mine working in the Promo dept and out of curiosity I searched for it online and found out what it was about courtesty of IMDB.

I've seen Timothy Olyphant in Live Free or Die Hard and formed a somewhat crush on him. He was charismatic in his role as the baddie for that movie. But I had my doubts when I read that he was headlining this movie that was actually based on a popular RPG game.

I don't know that background story of the game nor have I seen the game played (and after watching this action-packed movie I am more intrigued to play the blasted game!), so I went in not expecting anything.

And good thing I did that.

I don't know about the game's avid fans, but I think the way this movie was presented was...well, it was delivered good. It didn't miss out all the necessary action required for a movie of such calibre -- especially if it was based off a pretty R-rated video game. Although I was left questioning some of the unanswered circumstances in the movie (like why he became a target instead of the one hired to target someone else and what was the place he was taken to when he was a boy), it was still a worthwhile hour and a half ride.


Oh, and did I tell you that if you ain't got no tolerance for uber violence to watch out 'coz this movie's oozing with...uhm...well, violence. -LoL-

No comments: