Friday, March 7, 2008

What's the Secret in BONES????


I finally got my hands on the first 2 seasons of the Fox hit series, Bones starring former Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel star, David Boreanaz and Glory Road's Emily Deschanel.

Right off the bat I have to say that both David and Emily have a good chemistry together. Not to mention that they both look good on screen together. Plus their back-and-forth lines were just too cute to not set you giggling and rooting for them to get together. But knowing me, I don't want that to happen just yet; I want them to play it up a bit, ya know? I don't want them to hook up just yet, then later on break up and hook up again; that just makes it crap for me. It worked for the likes of Buffy and Angel, but Cole and Phoebe from Charmed? I got sick and tired of the latter's love story because the writers just doesn't know WHAT ELSE to write about!

Anyway, back to the season 1 DVD. I know I'm kinda behind in getting my hands on this, but it took me a while to find it on sale to begin with! I love collecting DVD sets of my fave TV series/shows, but unless I'm really desperate and I wanted to watch that particular season, I'd wait until there's a sale happening before I grab it!

Again, I digress. Back on to what Bones is really about and the wonderful cast of colourful characters in the series. To quote TJ Thyne ("Jack Hodges"), the Squints (Boreanaz's character, Seeley Booth, dubbed the scientists) are like one big family complete with the straight-laced Dad ("Goodman"); goody-two-shoes older sis ("Temperence Brennan"); happy-go-lucky sis ("Angela Montenegro"); worry-wart bro ("Hodges"); and the sweet and innocent little bro ("Zack Addy"). Then there's the sexy/hunky next door neighbour ("Booth") that the brothers must protect their sisters from.

I have to admit that the technical jargons used by the Squints often threw me off, especially when it was Brennan who was explaining. But thanks to such "regular folk" characters like Booth and Angela (who are both laid back and more in touch with the "real world"), some of the explanations are simplified.

I'd do an episode-by-episode review, but that will take me a while. All I can say is Season 1 of this series got me soooo hooked on the series right away that I can't wait to finish Season 2, which I also bought on sale along with the season 1 DVD.

No comments: